Thursday, October 6, 2011

New project!

Hey everyone. I've been reading a lot so look for some new reviews soon. I've got a new project in mind. I obviously have a passion for literature but really my passion is the arts in general; theater, music, films, all of those things really make me happy and give me something to think about. So I've decided I'm going to merge two of my favorite things; literature and painting.

When I was 5 if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would have told you with supreme confidence and total certitude that I was going to be either a Power Ranger or an artist. I later realized Power Rangers are not real and then I found out that I outgrew any true artistic talent at around age 10. But painting makes me happy and is a great outlet for me so I'm starting again. It doesn't matter to me anymore that the work itself is not great, it's original and it's mine and that's enough for me. My happiness will no longer be defined by others approval, it will be self- made, self preserved, and throughly enjoyed.

So, as part of a self improvement/ creative outlet, I am going to start painting literature related pieces. Not sure what will come out of this little experiment but it's bound to be fun. I've done one already based on Dr. Suess "Oh, the places you'll go" and really enjoyed the whole process. I will post a picture soon. With the painting I write a little blurb about the book that inspired it and what about the book specifically the painting represents.

So keep checking back for new reviews and paintings! They will be coming in mass in the next couple of weeks. When I get on a roll I really fly. Who knows, if they have any merit and anyone likes them I could take requests; Christmas is only 82 days away. Ha! But, let's not get ahead of ourselves or my talent :)

Happy reading everyone!

"Read in order to live." - Gustave Flaubert

No comments:

Post a Comment