Sunday, January 25, 2015

2nd Edits

Okay so the honeymoon period is over. I had sent my manuscript out to critique readers and got a nice couple of months away from the pressure and attention that it needed. Well now, I have got my responses and it is time to get back to work.






I received fairly good reviews and even better criticisms for how I can make my story better. Judging from what I remember and the responses from my readers it doesn't need an overhaul but it does need some tweaking.

It makes me anxious to get back to it because I am my own worst critic and I am afraid that I will come back to find it well below my expectations but I need to give myself some credit and go for it.

I created a time table for when I want to get the process completed and I think seeing the dates marked on the calendar will really give me the push to finish it up. I want, one day soon, to be able to have a physical copy of my book that I can shelve next to some of my biggest inspirations and favorite stories. That is the validation for me. Not a chart topping, YA sensation but knowing all the effort and hours I have put in created something that before did not exist.

I created something, I put the story swirling in my head down on paper and that to me is all I need. Until then however, I have a lot of red penning and cutting and pasting to do. I have a lot of plots to weave, characters to flesh out, and story points to wrap up. I know I can do this.

My first attempt at writing has taught me so much and I know that if and when I write subsequent pieces I may look back at this first one and cringe but it will only be because I have come so far from this initial attempt. For now, this story is still commanding my attention and I will give it the final efforts it requires. Stay updated, this will be happening, I promise.


Write on. -T

No comments:

Post a Comment