Thursday, August 18, 2011

Intro

Hey everyone,

My name is Taylor and I have opinions! I have opinions about a lot of things but my passion lies in literature. I began reading at a very young age thanks to Hooked on Phonics and I have not stopped since. I feel like there is too much "critical influence" when it comes to literature; why and for what reason I like or dislike a book stops and ends with me. I find value in all experiences and reading is no different. I will talk about things I'm reading, things I have read or general ideas about the community of literature as whole. I can promise to say interesting things, as I can also promise to say some uninteresting things. The whole idea of blogging and putting my opinions on a pedestal of accountability is new to me, but if you feel so inclined to check back we can go on this journey together. There is a promise I can make however, this blog will be more interesting then your run of the mill Lit 101.

"Books are humanity in print." -Barbara W. Tuchman

No comments:

Post a Comment