Wednesday, November 26, 2014

5 Days Left!


        



       I have learned so much about myself and about the job that writing is in these last twenty five days of NaNoWriMo2014. I can honestly say that I underestimated the undertaking, I let my mind convince me that once I was behind I would never be able to catch up, and that the whole endeavor was inconsequential.

Three plus weeks of the obligation of writing has been exhausting. Even when the story seems to be there my motivation to put it on paper isn’t. Mid last week I let the numbers game take over and I felt so defeated seeing how far behind my word count was that I thought I should just give it up now and give it a shot next year.

But then I realized that some momentum is still left to find in the story and six days is a lot of time. Is it ideal to try and write around 30,000 words in five days? Absolutely not, but in the spirit of all that NaNo is, the words don’t have to be polished and runway ready, they just have to be written.

Will I reach that magical 50,000 number? I don’t know. But I do know that I will tackle these last 5 days with intensity and vigor to put in a respectable showing. No matter what that number at the bottom of the screen shows on the 30th, this experience has been so beneficial and I look forward to recapping and summarizing it all. I am all ready a more knowledgeable and appreciative writer. I take back all the times I cursed the author of a series book that I was hotly anticipating when they pushed back their release date....I am truly sorry, I understand now! You can take all the time you need, I will still be waiting (Samantha Shannon, I'm talking to you).

Okay, I need to walk away from these words and put down some more where they should be. Check back later for more updates or more picture of Benedict Cumberbatch...you can never have too many of those.

Write on. -T

No comments:

Post a Comment