Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Inevitable Fall Behind


Oh, to be in love. The very welcome visit of my Military boyfriend turned out to be a welcome distraction from work, stress, and (I'm a little ashamed to say) NaNo.

The long weekend celebrating our one year anniversary was packed with trips to the beach, bookstores, frozen yogurt, mini golfing and lots of naps. With him being active duty and based in Colorado our time apart unfortunately far outweighs our time together but we have managed to form a bond that transcends the distance. I am happy to say that we are at the final countdown to the end of the long distance relationship. 




Even with all of the activities going on I did manage to write something almost every day but even the days I did write I did not meet my word counts. Despite him asking me each of those days 'did you get your words done?' I managed to be too distracted. It didn’t help that his visit coincided with, what most NaNo writers claim is, the hardest week.

If we were constantly together I don’t think the words would have suffered because the overwhelming novelty wouldn’t be there and we'd be living a much more routine life but seeing as it was basically a vacation for both of us we threw routine to the wind and just enjoyed our days.

Now I am in crunch mood trying to regain some ground. I am not going into it thinking I have to get make up all the words in a day but I certainly do need to break the required amount by a hefty margin over the course of a few to reach the 50K mark at the end of the month.

Twelve days in NaNoWriMo2014 has proven to be a formidable beast but I am determined to keep trying and to come out with at least 50,000 words as evidence of my persistence.

Wish me luck and stay tuned for updates.

Write on. -T

No comments:

Post a Comment