Tuesday, November 4, 2014

3 Down, 28 to Go.




November 3rd all ready. It really is crazy how fast time can go. Three days into the month and three days in NaNoWriMo2014. It has all ready proven to be an interesting undertaking.

In the first three days I have managed to meet my word count goal without a whole lot of difficulty but I can all ready tell my story needs some serious direction.

I went into the month with very little planning which is actually okay for something like this. You are trying to be a word generator and anything that needs too much focus or pre planning will lead to your words stalling. With that said however I came in with an insanely minimalist idea. I had one main character and my supporting character and a general couple of words to guide me in writing what should happen to them.

This approach has left me almost too wide open with my plot. I like having options but at the same time having no guideposts is letting me flounder. My story is going in and out of focus but I have enough of an anchor to keep it coming back to where it started.

Also within three days I have all ready altered my perspective toward this experiment. I am not hoping to have a substantial draft by the end of the month but I am more concerned about the exercise in writing that the month can prove to be. Getting used to putting words on paper everyday is a hugely beneficial skill as is letting my inner critic die so I can get text on the page will serve me well later in my career.

The month should be about learning to let your inspiration flow and remembering that sometimes it leads to better results than others. Everything is a learning experience and I am enrolled in the intensive 31 day course that is NaNoWriMo.



Write On!

No comments:

Post a Comment